blogging my seventeen diet day, part 1
on the left is my lunch according to seventeen’s “yummiest (healthiest) day” diet. they instructed me to eat a “fistful” of whole wheat mac n cheese with broccoli. i realized that i packed more than a fistful (also what is a fistfull??) so i gave the rest of my pasta to my friend stephanie (in the middle). on the right is my friend joneka eating a normal human lunch.
i was finished with my lunch in a few minutes. everyone at the table was shocked at what i was eating. i’ve never found myself staring lovingly at my friends good. i could tell you right now what every person at the table was eating from erin’s potato chips to joneka’s bbq.
all day i was turning down food from friends. “i can’t” i told them. this was one day for me, but imagine living this way, measuring food in fists and sprinkles every single day! in between meals i ate banana chips which are fine at first, but when that’s all you have to eat between meals, all day it gets old. fast.
A “fist full” is a measurement of how much dry mac you can hold in one fist, so like if you grabbed it and dropped it in the pot directly. One fist full of cooked is not a lot, but a fist full of dry is more like two fist fulls of cooked.
God, that sounds awful, though. And banana chips are not a healthy food at all! That’s a joke if they mean to say that’s a good choice. It has so much sugar, you might as well be eating candy. Even if it’s natural sugar (which it [mostly] is), it’s still not good to be eating a lot.
that’s a great point! i wish seventeen had explained what exactly a fistful was, i don’t think that’s common knowledge for most teens. re: banana chips, they suggest apple chips but i couldn’t find any at my grocery store or wal-mart.
26 Notes/ Hide
- break-the-fourth-wall likes this
- ohmylumpin-glob likes this
- 7yx likes this
- bbyfreckle likes this
- sometimesmynoseitches likes this
- yellowsubiesdance reblogged this from 17teenvoguechallenge
- tortycraig likes this
- scribblystories likes this
- endlessfog likes this
- phinemas reblogged this from 17teenvoguechallenge and added:
- lillebobille likes this
- phinemas said:Ugh, that’s the thing with “dieting”, they have you eat too little of meals. Yes, it’s good to eat during the day to keep your metabolism going, but having snacks at meal times is not healthy, at all. (the bottom picture is what SHOULD be lunch ya)
- queerdoweirdo likes this
- narlugas likes this
- 17teenvoguechallenge reblogged this from friendswaffleswerq
- friendswaffleswerq reblogged this from geekwiththeglasses and added:
- geekwiththeglasses reblogged this from 17teenvoguechallenge and added:
- hungrylikethewolfie likes this
- karadawlish likes this
- plasticvines likes this
- bombermens likes this
- heysarahsarah likes this